Terms and conditions “altona Diagnostics anniversary contest”
§ 1 Organizer
The organizer of the “15 years of altona Diagnostics contest” (in the following “Contest”) is altona Diagnostics GmbH, Mörkenstr. 12, 22767 Hamburg, Germany, hereinafter referred to as “altona Diagnostics”.
By participating in this Contest, participants agree to the following conditions:
§ 2 Eligibility
(1) Participation in the Contest is free of charge and not linked to a purchase obligation and/or use of services. A purchase or use of services will not improve your chances of winning. Mere participation does not entitle a participant to win a prize.
(2) This Contest is open only to those who are over the age of 18 and with residence in the European Union (EU). Prizes will only be sent to EU postal addresses.
The following are excluded from participation: Public officials and those with special public service obligations, legal representatives and employees of altona Diagnostics or employees of its subsidiaries and affiliates as well as their immediate family members and/or relatives (including wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons or other persons living in the same household), advertising and promotion agencies and any other persons or third party companies entrusted with duties in relation to this Contest or being somehow related to this Contest.
(3) For participation in the Contest, all personal data must be entered truthfully. The participant is responsible for the accuracy of the submitted data.
(4) altona Diagnostics reserves the right to disqualify any individual from the Contest on the grounds of violation of the eligibility requirements. Anyone using illegal means or other manipulation to gain advantage shall also be disqualified. In these cases, prizes can also be subsequently disallowed and reclaimed, as necessary. altona Diagnostics reserves the right to reject submissions at any time without giving reasons; this refers in particular to submissions that are morally, ethically, or legally inacceptable.
§ 3 Contest period and description
(1) The Contest begins on December 13, 2022, and ends on December 31, 2022.
(2) Participation in the Contest is only possible online. To take part in the Contest, participants must answer the question and fill in the form on: altona-diagnostics.com/contest/15-th-anniversary/2022
(3) The winners will be notified via e-mail within 21 days after the end of the Contest. The organizer will ask the winners to specify their delivery address details for reward delivery purpose.
§ 4 Prizes
(1) Among all participants, 15 winners will be randomly selected for the prizes. The prizes are: Teufel REAL BLUE NC noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones (1 time), Samsung Galaxy Buds Live earbuds (2 times), Claus Kröger Hamburger Büddel gift bag with tea, chocolate, and hard candy (12 times).
(2) Winners will be asked to send their address details (first name, last name, company – if needed, street, postal code, city, and country) via e-mail to altona Diagnostics.
(3) All prizes are non-refundable and cannot be converted to cash. Winners cannot make claim to cash payment of the prize or exchange of the prize for another item.
(4) Prizes are non-transferable; they cannot be transferred to another person, but to the winner.
(5) The delivery will be organized by altona Diagnostics GmbH, Mörkenstr. 12, 22767 Hamburg, Germany.
(6) If delivery of the prize to the winner is not possible, and if it is therefore sent back to the organizer, a new delivery will only be organized on request of the winner. The winner is in default of acceptance and has to bear the costs for the renewed shipment.
(7) If the prize cannot be delivered within one month of electronic notification for reasons that lie with the winner, altona Diagnostics cannot guarantee that the original prize is still available. The winner will then receive a replacement of approximately the same value. The winner will also receive a replacement of approximately the same value, if the original prize is no longer available in the presented design (e. g. due to model change, seasonal limitation etc.). The winner accepts necessary changes of the prize if they are due to causes that are out of control of altona Diagnostics and/or other companies involved in the Contest. If the prize cannot be delivered within three months of electronic notification due to reasons that lie with the winner, the claim to the prize is forfeited. In this case, altona Diagnostics reserves the right to draw another winner.
(8) Delivery is free of charge within the European Union.
§ 5 Compliance
The prizes as specified in § 4 are company-initiated benefits based on participation in the Contest.
The winner is responsible for verifying whether he or she is permitted to accept this benefit in accordance with the internal compliance or anti-corruption rules of his or her company. Stricter rules regarding the acceptance of benefits may exist for public officials. These are also responsible for verifying whether or not they may accept this benefit.
altona Diagnostics has paid tax on the prize and assumes no responsibility for the conformity of the winner’s acceptance of the prize with any compliance rules or special obligations as a public official he or she may be subject to.
§ 6 LinkedIn disclaimer
The Contest is promoted on LinkedIn via the altona Diagnostics account. This promotion is not connected with LinkedIn in any way and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with LinkedIn. LinkedIn is therefore not your contact for this competition. If you have any remarks or problems, please send an email to email@example.com.
§ 7 Premature termination of Contest
altona Diagnostics reserves the right to terminate the Contest at any point in time without prior notice and without giving reason. altona Diagnostics will make use of this possibility especially if proper execution of the Contest cannot be ensured due to technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation, or hard- and/or software errors) or legal issues. If premature termination is caused by a participant’s behavior, altona Diagnostics may claim damages.
§ 8 Data protection
a) Controller according to Art. 4 (7) GDPR
|Name||altona Diagnostics GmbH|
|Phone||+49 40 548 0676 – 0|
|Fax||+49 40 548 06 76 – 10|
Owners, executives, managing directors or other leaders appointed by law or through the company:
Dr. Markus Heß, Dr. Ulrich Spengler – Managing Director
Publication details: https://www.altona-diagnostcis.com/en/legal-notice.html
b) Contact details of the data protection officer:
|Name:||The Data Protection Officer|
c) Purpose and legal basis of data processing
altona Diagnostics processes the participant’s personal data for the purposes of administering the Contest including, but not limited to, contacting and announcing the winners and fulfilling the award of the prizes (including delivery). altona Diagnostics processes the respective personal data on the basis of Art. 6, para. 1 lit a and b GDPR.
altona Diagnostics makes use of an external provider to draw the 15 winners of the Contest prizes online: altona Diagnostics uses https://tools.superanton.de/gewinnspiel-ausloser.html, a service of HeiPo Media GbR / Sonnleite 23 / 87600 Kaufbeuren / Germany to draw the 15 winners of the Contest prizes online. Information on how HeiPo Media GbR processes your personal data can be found at https://www.heipomedia.de/datenschutz/.
b. Promotions, offers, company and product news
In case you agreed to be contacted by altona Diagnostics in case of promotions, offers, company and product news, the legal basis for processing your personal data in order to send mailings to you is your consent on the registration form pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
d) Duration of storage or criteria for determining the duration
e) Your rights
If your personal data is processed, you have the right to obtain information about the data stored about you (Art. 15 GDPR).
If incorrect personal data is processed, you have the right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR).
If the legal requirements are met, you may request erasure or restriction of processing, as well as object to processing (Art. 17, 18 and 21 GDPR).
If you have consented to the data processing and the data processing is carried out with the help of automated procedures, you may have a right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
You may withdraw your consent to be contacted for promotion, offers, company and product news purposes or receiving the newsletter at any time in accordance with the GDPR by sending an informal message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information in accordance with Art. 13 GDPR, please contact us by e-mail using the contact details provided above or visit the following link:
§ 9 Liability
altona Diagnostics gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Contest or any materials related thereto or offered in the context of the Contest and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness and merchantability.
altona Diagnostics is only liable for damages caused by an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by itself, its legal representatives or vicarious agents. Liability for injury to life, body and health, for breach of essential contractual obligations and under the Product Liability Act shall remain unaffected. Essential contractual obligations are those whose fulfillment is necessary to achieve the objective of the contract and on whose compliance the contractual partner regularly relies on and may rely. In the event of a breach of material contractual obligations, the claim for damages shall be limited to the typically foreseeable damage, unless the damage was caused intentionally or by gross negligence, unless it is a claim for damages arising from injury to life, limb or health.
§ 10 Exclusion of legal recourse / Applicable law and jurisdiction / Invalidity of terms
Legal recourse is excluded. Exclusively the law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall be applicable. Exclusive place of jurisdiction is Hamburg / Germany. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, either wholly or partly, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected hereby.
altona Diagnostics GmbH