AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5
The AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5 is intended to be used as a nucleic acid purification, amplification and detection control for in vitro diagnostic purposes. It is designed for use with the AltoStar® Purification Kit 1.5 and altona Diagnostics real-time PCR kits specified for use with the AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5.
The AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5 is intended for use by professional users trained in molecular biological techniques.
- One universal Internal Control (sample, extraction, PCR)
- Contains a defined copy number of DNA and RNA template molecules with different sequences of artificial origin
- Automatically added at the beginning of the nucleic acid purification procedure
- Serves as a process control for purification and/or Real-time (RT-) PCR
- Performance is verified in conjunction with each altona Diagnostics kit specified for use with the AltoStar® IC 1.5.
- Lot checking and Expiry date checking
The AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5 box contains 24 tubes and is shipped on dry ice. After receipt the AltoStar®
Internal Control 1.5 must be stored at -25 °C to -15 °C.
Each IC (Internal Control) tube contains sufficient volume to perform 48 nucleic acid purifications with the AltoStar® Purification Kit 1.5.
AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5 CE
|Sample purifications||1152 (500 µl sample volume, low volume) or 576 (1000 µl sample volume, high volume)|
|Sample Types||compatible with all sample types that are specified|
for use with the AltoStar® Purification Kit 1.5
|For use with||AltoStar® Automation System AM16|
AltoStar® Purification Kit 1.5
AltoStar® PCR kits
CFX96™ Deep Well Real-Time PCR Detection System-IVD
Principle of Method
The AltoStar® Purification Kit 1.5 is intended for the automated isolation and purification of RNA and DNA from specified biological specimens for in vitro diagnostic purposes in conjunction with the AltoStar® AM16, the AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5 and altona Diagnostics kits and reagents specified for use with the AltoStar® Purification Kit 1.5. The AltoStar® Purification Kit 1.5 is based on magnetic bead technology, utilizing silica coated magnetic particles, which can bind and release nucleic acids under specific conditions.
The purification procedure comprises 3 automated steps on the AltoStar® AM16 (see Fig.).
1. In the first step nucleic acids are released by chemical and mechanical lysis under chaotropic high salt conditions. The conditions stabilize the nucleic acids in solution and enable their binding to the magnetic silica beads. The AltoStar® Internal Control 1.5 is automatically added by the AltoStar® AM16.
2. In the following washing steps different wash buffers are used to remove proteins and other impurities.
3. Finally the nucleic acids are released from the magnetic beads with an elution buffer and transferred to the eluate plate.